One question consistently asked by our clients is, “Why should we use your Managed Services?” Many of these clients perceive that it would be better and more cost effective for them just to contact us as their technology issues arise. It is a common misconception that having their technology under a Managed Services agreement is like insurance and that they would be paying for something they may or may not use. Nothing could be further from the truth. Outlined below are some reasons why your company should use Managed Services.
- A Managed Services Provider (MSP) takes a proactive approach to managing your technology infrastructure. This vastly reduces the need to react to issues or, as people like to say, “Put out fires”. Being proactive allows many issues to be identified and corrected before they become problems. A benefit to this approach is your employees will be more productive, which will save your company time and money.
- At the core of Managed Services is a Service Level Agreement (SLA). The SLA dictates how and when the MSP will respond to your needs, and is customized to fit the needs of your company. With typical break/fix services (contacting when needed), there is no SLA and no guarantee of when the service will be provided. Not having a Managed Service agreement in place with an SLA will cost your company time and money in lost productivity.
- A typical Managed Services agreement is based upon a consistent monthly fee. This helps your company keep costs in line and makes budgeting much easier. With the consultative approach taken by an MSP, gone are the days of the unexpected expenses when dealing with your company’s technology.
- In many instances, having a Managed Service agreement in place with a reputable MSP is far less expensive that hiring, training, and retaining your own IT staff. For the companies that do not have IT staff, there is always a staff member that is the go-to “IT person”. Using Managed Services allows that staff member to focus on your company’s business, instead of IT, which is always better for the bottom line.
- Companies with existing IT staff can also benefit from Managed Services. The MSP can complement the internal IT staff by off-loading some of the day to day operations and management of the network. This benefits your company by allowing IT staff to focus on other internal needs. It also eliminates the necessity of making a large investment in infrastructure management tools since the MSP already has these in place.
To learn more about Flat Rate Managed IT Services will benefit your company, contact the team at Jewell Computing Solutions, LLC.